DAY 5 This is the updated painting of the Florian Teapot! When painting this my easel broke again and fell on the carpet - taking with it the painting and a pot of gold paint... ! One ruined carpet later and a broken easel, I have a still unfinished painting.... wow..I guess that's life!
Due to this week being taken up by watching the tennis
in the US Open, :) - this is the second day painting the teapot
and it is still not quite finished.
I have painted it in oils and blocked in the colours so that
it looks quite flat to highlight the art-deco style.
I am not sure how old this teapot is exactly but guessing
around 1930 - the colours are magnificent on the real thing,
with gold high-lights.
I will finish this soon and upload the final picture
hopefully in a day or so.
which I am enjoying. Especially after finding Leslie
Saeta's online classes for palette knife painting, which I
At first the few results I had I was not confident I would
progress, but now I like the change in my painting.
As a result, I now have a few new
landscapes and seascapes of my own designs in progress.
In the meantime this is the square of
paintings for this Challenge .
1. New Year Toasted 2. La Tour Eiffel ( both painted from Leslie Saeta's Calendar course)
3. Purple Vase (my own composition)
4. Still Life with Pumpkins (Painted from the Calendar class)
5. Christmas Revisited 6. The Supporter's New Hat (both painted from my own photographs)
7. Sailing Home (Now called "With Gulls Following!" and updated above this post) (inspired by Ruth Archer's photograph on Paint My Photo)