Saturday, 20 April 2013

BLOOMING SUMMER REVISITED

"Blooming Summer Revisited"

My latest watercolour is an homage to 'summer'
that we have been waiting for - with baited breath.
 The seemingly never-ending winter is gone, and a reluctant spring
eventually saw the daffodils emerging from bud!
But when they finally bloomed we began
to sense the promise of summer.

I hope you enjoy this painting which I began
in a 'paint along' class with Johannes Vloothuis. 

However, I have included much more greenery 
and more flowers in my version of the painting
as this is the type of garden we are
more used to in Europe.

 I think it is now  finally finished!



"Blooming Summer Revisited"
30cm x 40cm
Watercolour with Pastel
Schleicher and Schuell  paper
20th April 2013

RECENTLY SHOWN IN THE
CREATIVES - SEE.ME - EXHIBITION
LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
JULY - SEPTEMBER 2013
(http://JulieJules.See.Me)

6 comments:

Mary Brigid said...

Beautiful Julie. Great job

Jules said...

Thanks Mary, I finally finished it!

Franse Brocante said...

Hi, great I Found you. Your paintings are beautiful. I'm going to follow you with pleasure and you are very welcome at my blog too! Bye Lilian

Jules said...

Thank you for the compliment, and finding my Gallery blog, nice to see you !

My Grama's Soul said...

I just popped in here on a whim.....your art, my friend, is fantastic. I'll be back.

xo
Jo

Jules said...

Thanks Jo, you are very kind, and I really like your blog too x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...