Tuesday, 8 January 2013

THE WINNER

Day 8 of 30 Day Painting Challenge

"The Winner"

Many, many years ago when I was about 14 years old, 
my Aunt asked me to paint her a picture of a horses head. 

Although I tried several times I could never get it right and eventually gave up trying. 
However,  I have never forgotten my promise of long ago and now I have 'finally' managed it.

This is a racehorse I named appropriately "The Winner" because I feel victorious at having finally accomplished the horses head that has long been on my 'to do' list. 

By the way, I sent my Aunt the painting, and she was so delighted!  However, told me in her letter that it was such a surprise as she had no memory of asking for a painting of a horses head, and had no idea I thought she would still be waiting for one !!! 
Funny, how life is, huh?



"The Winner"
12" x 8"
Watercolour and Pastel
©Jules Art Gallery
9th January 2013
Private Collection


9 comments:

Mary Brigid said...

Yeah, you are rocking. Love his eye Julia. He has the determined look of a winner x

Debra Davies Art said...

I really like this this one...great job!!

Charlotte Evans said...

-they all look fabulous--- just saw this tonight--great going. lov char

Teresa Cowley said...

Agree with the comments here... I, too, especially like the eyes!

Jules said...

Thank you very much girls...I am very encouraged to keep going now! x


Jules said...

Thankyou Mary !

Jules said...

Thanks Deb!

Jules said...

Thanks Char!

Jules said...

Thanks Teresa!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...